October 18, 2016

Another Waffle experiment - Apple Cinnamon Waffles

The weather has turned into a crisp damp cold here. Just right for yet again waffles and some hot chocolate. We harvested around 10 kg of the most beautiful red apples last weekend. This made me  experiment a little again.

I present you the Apple Cinnamon Waffles.








110 grams of brown sugar
125 grams of soft butter
1 large apple ground ( I put mine in the food processor)
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon cinnamon
a not too small pinch cardamon ground
a not too small pinch of nutmeg ground
a not too small pinch of cloves ground
25 grams apple cider Vinegar (homemade)
250 grams buttermilk
250 grams flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon of baking soda

Mix all well and make your waffles as usually.



Enjoy the yummy smell in the kitchen and the taste of the crispy waffles! I could imagine that a bit of vanilla cream or cream cheese and strawberry jam will make them an even more delicious treat. I could also imagine that they make a great breakfast on christmas morning! My favourite was, a mix of "Nutella" and a chestnut spread I made this week. It tastes like the Lindt christmas chocolate as a spread on a waffle....Paradise!








8 comments:

  1. Oh yum!! It's Spring here in Queensland, but it's been unseasonably cool and apple cinnamon waffles sound absolutely delicious. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! And I love how the house smells when I bake them. They spread instant good mood :)

      Delete
  2. Believe it or not, I have never made waffles. I keep seeing all these fabulous recipes, like this one, and tell myself that situation needs to change. These sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Years ago someone gave me an old waffle iron, because they got a new one! I think otherwise I wouldn't bother either, as I am not a friend of too many kitchen supplies that want to be stored in out tiny kitchen. I am glad I have it though, as it helps in making some fast sweet treat for teatime.

      Delete
  3. Oh what a great fall waffle, just sounds delicious. So what else will you make with all those apples :-) ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Evelyne! I made a lot of Apple sauce and the other day I made a winter apple quark cheese dessert that was absolute divine. I just figured out how to make my own and am now experimenting a lot with it! Winter apple jam and Apple-Rosehip-Jelly are on my to-do list.

      Delete
  4. I love all your ideas. I'm looking very much forward to your next posts! Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete