July 17, 2017

Peppermint Blackberry Jam - It is refreshingly different!

This will be the last jam recipe that I will share from my crazy jamming session last Monday.
I have used peppermint in jams before and my boys (who are a wee bit peppermint crazy) love this one.

peppermint blackberry jam It is refreshingly different!
Add caption


Making peppermint blackberry jam is super easy:
25 biggish leaves of fresh peppermint (I used moroccan peppermint, it pops up every where in my garden, some might call it a weed the way it spreads, but can anything that is so delicious be a weed?)

1 kg of blackberries

500 grams of gelling sugar (in the US jelly sugar) for the ones new to making jam this one has added pectin that allows you to use only half the amount of sugar.

Bring all to boil, let boil for 5 minutes on a medium setting while stirring. Whizz until most of the blackberry seeds are gone.


Bring back to boil and after positive gelling test fill into sterilised glas jars. A detailed how-to for sterilising jars and any jam making or canning basics you can find here.



peppermint blackberry jam It is refreshingly different!


I hope you you are enjoying your summer and will leave you to jam making for now!




2 comments:

  1. This seems really unusual but something I'd probably try, thanks for posting the recipe. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Michelle! I hope you´ll enjoy the jam!

      Delete