October 04, 2017

Homemade Potato Chips - an easy and fast guide

Some days just call for not the healthiest comfort food. You agree?
We had more than a hole week of it. And I decided I would share this very simple guide of homemade potato chips with you guys. Shop bought potato chips are often made from mashed potatoes with additives or cost an arm and a leg, when all it needs is a few potatoes! I bake mine in the oven, as I don't have a deep fryer.
homemade potato chips - an easy and fast guide

I wash the potatoes, if they are new ones, they get to keep their skin, if not, I peel them. Next I chop them lengthwise into chip size.




chopped potato Chips


I make them fairly thin, as they bake faster, but finger thick will be fine, too! If that is what you prefer! They just need a bit longer in the oven.
Next step is spreading your cut spuds on the sheet in a single layer with enough space between each, that they can get crispy in the oven! Sprinkle a little olive oil over them also salt, black pepper and paprika or cayenne if you like.


raw Homemade Potato Chips




Bake in a preheated oven at 220C/430F. After 10 mins, stir and make sure none of your spuds stick to the bottom of baking tray, and then spread them out again, that non are on top of each other. Bake for another ~5-15 mins. Depending on the size of your cut potatoes!

Homemade Potato Chips


 Now all you need is some homemade ketchup, something I am still looking for a good recipe! Have you got a tried and good one for me?







No comments:

Post a Comment