June 27, 2011

Carrot Burgers with Thai dip


You need:
500gr /1 lbs. of carrots, grated. Add
1 egg, beaten and
2 tbsp flour and
salt and
3 tbsp sesame seeds. Mix well and let rest for at least 10 minutes.

For the Thai dip take:
half a pack of yoghurt and
half a pack of either creme fraƮche or sour cream. Mix well and add
2 tbsp of Thai seasoning paste and mix.



Now heat pan with about
3 tbsp of sesame oil and fry your burgers until cross from both sides. Be careful when turning them, they are a little fragile.


We served these with a side salad and some garlic bread.

Enjoy!




18 comments:

  1. I have never heard of a carrot burger before. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were a genius outburst of my brain cells ;)

      Delete
  2. I think my kids would run me out of the house if I tried to pass these off as burgers--LOL! :-) However, I could see making a nice ladies lunch out of them. The Thai seasoning with the carrots sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids will eat these, because we call them burgers ;) It helps that they like carrots and they love asian spices as long as they do not get too spicy. But I think your ladies will love them.

      Delete
  3. Certainly sounds interesting. Looks yummy too! �� I'd never heard of carrot burgers but I will give it a try. Carrots are usually quite cheap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrots are very cheap at the moment. And one of the few seasonal local things you can buy besides cabbage and spuds. You could probably also call them carrot pancakes but we named them burgers at the time to get the kids eating

      Delete
  4. I never heard of this but definitely like the sound of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well these sound delicious. I would make this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks super-duper delicious and what a healthy way to incorporate carrots into your diet. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is a unique twist on burgers for me. I have got to try one. It sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think a friend of mine would love these I am going to share this post with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for getting the word out there Shakirah

      Delete
  9. Wow. Such a healthy snack. I will surely try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete